Why You Should Get Your Website at Design Office
If you’re like the majority of business owners you will fall into one of two groups: you know you need a website but you just haven’t got the time or the budget to make it happen, or you have a website but you know that it’s not what it should be and you’re always making excuses for it.
If you’re in either of those groups, Design Office is the solution to your problem.
Here at Design Office just one of our many sectors is Web and we have a highly skilled team of designers and web developers ready to get to work on your fantastic new website.
If you’re looking to have a website designed and built by Design Office, either from scratch or from an existing site, you will first arrange a no obligation consultation with a member of our team. During this time you will talk about your business, what you hope to gain from your website, the type of website that you want and the style of design that you like. If you have an existing brand we will talk through that and how it will work on a website, or we can discuss what your brand might look like if it doesn’t already exist.
Following that initial discussion you will then receive a detailed brief and web specification that you can mull over in your own time. If you like what you see, place an order with us and within just 5 working days our team will invite you into the office, where you will sit with our design team who will present your fabulous new website design. During this time you will be able to express what you like and suggest amends (if you have any). From there your amends will be completed and a final proof will be sent to you in PDF format.
Once signed off, the design is then passed to our Web Development team who look to build the homepage in a secure test area for you to look at in another 5 working days. You will then be invited back in to view your working site and giving the opportunity to make amends while you’re here.
We will then endeavour to build your website and have it ready for final checks in just another 5 working days. Once approved we will migrate your site to live status and voila!
Why We Use WordPress
Here at Design Office, our chosen platform to build websites is WordPress, and this is why:
- WordPress is easy to setup, manage and update. This allows us to build the site for you, but then give you the opportunity to update and manage the site yourself going forward (more about this later).
- WordPress is good for both a website and a blog. WordPress did start out as a blogging system, but over the years has evolved into a full-featured web content management system.
- A bespoke site for every client. The thousands of themes that we have access to means that we can create a custom site that is completely unique to each and every one of our clients.
- WordPress plugins add complex business features that provide additional functionality.
- WordPress uses the Yoast SEO plugin, which will make your site even more search engine friendly.
- WordPress is mature. As it is now over 10 years old, WordPress has been refined, tested and enhanced and because of this we are now able to use a world-class web publishing system.
As mentioned before, Design Office offer the opportunity for all of our clients to take web training as an optional extra when they place an order on their website. This service allows as many members of staff as required to come to Design Office, sit with our Web Developer and go through a pre-specified document that covers all of the basic knowledge you might need to be able to update and manage your website yourself once we have built it and migrated it to live status. While we are happy to make amends and updates for you, we appreciate that sometime you might want to save on costs for our time to do that, and you may just want a small change making there and then, and with our comprehensive training slot you could be in a position to do so.
Key features of our web training:
- The training itself usually lasts between 1 and 2 hours, although we spend as long as we need to with you until you are 100% comfortable with what you have learnt.
- The training can be completed either with an individual or a group of people.
- The training will provide you with the knowledge you need to add blogs to your website as well as add, remove and edit website content.
- The training cost is a one off fee, but will provide you will enough knowledge that you wouldn’t need to spend another penny on minor amends to your website.
- At the end of the session you will be provided with a document reiterating everything that you were told in your training session if you ever need to refresh your memory.
- The training is hands on and not only will our Web Developer show you how to make amends, but they will give you the opportunity to make changes yourself to ensure that you know what you are doing.
- By providing basic training and a take-away document it allows you to learn at your own pace.
- Remember, just because we are offering training it does not mean that we will not do any more work on your website! If you’re struggling and need support or require more advanced changes to be made our team will always be more than happy to help!
Visit our portfolio at www.designoffice.co.uk/portfolio and search websites to see just a selection of the sites that we have produced recently.
For more information about why we use WordPress or our Web Training services then please call 01270 252106 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org now! If you’re looking to have a new website developed and you like what you see, then contact us now to arrange your no obligation web consultation!